Search This Blog

Monday, February 15, 2016

Hate Twenty One Pilots?

     As I wrote about in a previous blog, I love Twenty One Pilots. If someone tells me they are terrible, they suck, and they would never listen to them, they would be missing out on something great. Everybody has their own taste in music and I know not everybody will like them, like I might not like someone else's favorite artist or band, and that's okay. Diversity is important and makes things interesting, but I think most people who hates Twenty One Pilots have never really given their music a chance.

     So when someone tells me they don't like Twenty One Pilots, I would ask them if they really gave it a chance. Often the first time, or even the first several times you hear a song, you don't particularly like it but the more you hear it the more you like it. So first, I would tell them to listen to several Twenty One Pilots songs, there may be something they like. I would also tell them about how the lyrics are so different than other artists. The songs Twenty One Pilots writes are often introspective, almost spiritual. In Lane Boy they talk about the journey of an artist and the pressure to stick with what you're suppose to do, conform. In Car Radio, they talk about the silence forcing them to think about things they don't want to think about.

     I would also tell them about the diverse types of songs Twenty One Pilots have. Some of their music is more Pop, such as Semi-Automatic. Other are more Rock, such as Holding On To You. There is plenty of Rap in their music as well. In fact most of their songs include Rap. I also like that all of their music is non-offensive; they don't write about drugs or violence. I also like that Twenty One Pilots change tempo, which makes the songs more interesting and unique. It makes it so I can listen to their songs over and over again without getting bored easily.

     The last thing I would tell anyone is they need to see Twenty One Pilots perform in concert. They are known for their shows. I saw them and it was amazing. I could hardly hear because the fans were singing every word of every song, but there was so much energy and it was so much fun. Seriously, anyone who thinks they don't like Twenty One Pilots really needs to give them more of a chance. They are so unique, genuine and energetic that their love for music comes through loud and clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment