Search This Blog

Monday, February 22, 2016

Favorite Movie

     Last week I wrote a blog about what I would say if someone criticized one of my favorite bands. This week I will write my response to criticism towards my favorite movie. It wasn't easy to choose a favorite; there is Star Wars: A New Hope, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, and Star Wars: The Force Awakens. However, I have to go with Star Wars: Return of the Jedi as my favorite movie of all.

     First let me say, nobody should criticize the Star Wars movies, okay, maybe The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones, but none of the others. If someone did criticize Return of the Jedi, I would tell them what makes it such an amazing movie. It began, of course, with the creator, George Lucas. He is a brilliant filmmaker. Before the Star Wars saga, he made American Graffiti, which was a success, and after Star Wars, he helped create the Indiana Jones movies. So it isn't surprising that the Star Wars movies would be successful.

     Now, what about Return of the Jedi that makes it stand out above all other Star Wars movies? Both Return of the Jedi and the Empire Strikes Back were fantastic movies, but the amazing and shocking ending of Return of the Jedi makes it my favorite. My favorite moment in Star Wars was the fight scene between Darth Vader and Luke in the final battle, and the surprise ending is unforgettable. Also, who could forget the Ewoks? These particular aspects of Return of the Jedi makes the movie my favorite, not only in the Star Wars saga, but overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment